Landing pages are a powerful digital marketing tool, and AI can improve its effectiveness in many different ways.
We see landing pages every day. At first sight, the definition is quite simple: “any Web page that a user arrives at after clicking a hyperlink.”
However, besides those words lie many sophisticated strategies and concepts. Why and how Artificial Intelligence helps improving Landing Pages outcome? Keep reading to know!
The Perfect Landing Page
A landing page is a specific, well-designed page of our website to collect visitors from different channels. Most of the time, advertising from Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, drive people to our landing pages.
However, they may come to us also from home-made content, like Email Marketing activities, webinars, and so on. They change from website to website, but all of them have only one primary purpose: collecting conversions.
The conversions will be useful to us, following our business’ needs.
Landing pages are a crucial tool for web marketing, and they look quite different from the rest of the web pages. They may serve to many different goals convincing the user to leave his details, like an email, or making him buy a product. The latter kind is better known as sales pages.
There are tons of reasons for us to build one. Collecting email contacts to use in DEM, for example, increases the number of subscribers to our newsletter, or sell our courses and products. This is useful to improve our Marketing Automation strategy.
For example, once our visitor made the action we wanted, we have a lead. A new landing page can drive to a different step of the funnel. Steps inside the funnel are one of the most valuable elements of digital marketing.
To achieve this result you could use a lead magnet, that is to say, something you give your customer in exchange for their data. Some common examples are discards, freebie, ebooks or sample of (mostly digital) products.
As defined, a landing page must catch the reader’s attention. We want him to complete the action he started.
How can we do this?
A landing page is like a house: different parts, each of one is unique and serves a specific purpose. All of them together create a coherent, pleasant and useful organism.
It needs a catching title, for example. Would you ever read a mail with a dull, unclear or useless title? We want something that stimulates our curiosity.
As David Ogilvy, one of the pioneers of advertising, in “Confessions of an Advertising Man” said: “On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar.”
He wrote it in 1963, but it’s still absolutely right.
Naturally, the following text needs to be coherent with the title and with your brand, valuable and credible as much as possible, without forgetting a touch of brilliance.
Another crucial thing is that your landing page must be easy to read. Responsive (a lot of people buy from their smartphones), with an airy text, some bold words, relaxing colours, and most of all functioning links.
Most importantly, the landing must require one and only one action. More choice isn’t always a good idea and, talking about landing pages, and it’s a bad idea for sure. It can be a form to fill in with some data or a button to push to obtain a discount, but it must be only one.
You don’t want to give your customer too many choices: he has to focus on only one action, the one we planned. That’s why a clear, immediate and catchy call to action (CTA) at the bottom of the landing is crucial.
And, of course, have some A/B tests to see which version performs better!
Landing pages have a vital role in the purchase funnel. In every step of the funnel, it’s possible to insert one of them to improve your conversion rate.
A Boost Of AI
Can AI improve even more such a well known and widely used tool? Our answer is definitely yes!
There are several ways in which AI could be useful to create custom landing pages, to make them perform even better.
Let’s see some of the ways it could happen.
- Image recognition and visual sentiment. First of all, image recognition could be an essential drive to custom and categorise images. Nowadays, pictures are one of the most critical elements of the web, and landing pages are no exception.
AI can perform image identification. AI algorithms can see the tiniest differences between apparently identical images, down to the pixel, and recognise patterns. AI ability leads to faster and more accurate image analysis, without the bias of human eyes. This technology helps landing pages to succeed because of the high personalisation it brings.
Since AI is also able to segment people behaviours effectively, then a successful AI usage in Landing Page can take advantage of suggesting tailor-made images.
- Visual sentiment analysis, on the other hand, is the capacity to “classify and study our emotional responses to visual stimuli”. If AI can understand which kind of images produce the most intense emotional response, they can be shown to specific users, to ensure the highest reaction. It’s possible that, in the future, AI will be capable of suggesting one-to-one personalised visual contents.
- Predictions. Thanks to the massive amount of data they can store, AI could predict users’ future actions and purchases. AI could use (and in some cases it already does it) some of our search histories to suggest us products and services.
This could be useful to project landing pages that can suit every single user, with his own needs.
Custom content. Again, the keyword is personalisation. Right now, we see only one version of each website: the one the webmaster made. In the future, things might change.
We could see ultimately custom websites – or parts of them. The AI usage is successful both to layout and contents. By doing this, the customer journey could become way shorter. If the search engine could say, by previous interactions, what kind of content, layout and path the customer is more likely to take, why not give it to him?
There’s still quite a bit of time before AI-based landing pages will be the norm. But better not to find ourselves unprepared!
- Landing pages are a crucial tool for web marketing: they collect lead, and conversions, from different channels.
- Landing pages must follow some rules: they must be easy to read, interesting, with a catchy title and only one call to action (CTA)
- AI can improve landing pages by personalizing every type of content for each customer, from text to images – and even the layout.
- Landing Page: cosa sono e come crearle. Guida+esempi
- Come Creare Landing Page Efficaci Che Convertono
- Obiettivo: Conversione, Come Ottimizzare Una Landing Page?
- From Top of the Funnel to Purchase: The Landing Page Comparison Guide
- Landing Page Design and Machine Learning: The Future of Web Design
- How AI Can Improve The UX Of Websites and Landing Pages