Writing is inspiring, but it’s also a time-consuming activity that can become draining. Lucky for every writer out in the world, Artificial Intelligence can help make your writing faster, more efficient, and even more interesting for your audience.
Experts say that a robot will write an and article by itself only when it will be able to pass the Turing test, and no machine has achieved this goal yet.
However, even if it can’t become the next Hemingway yet, Artificial Intelligence could – as it often does – turn the table. Not being able to compete with human writers as equals don’t mean that AI technology has no potential.
Today we will see how AI can improve writing and make your content stand out.
How AI Can Improve Your Professional Writing
There has always been a problem, which is the accuracy and effective use of tools. Some professional writers, like George R. R. Martin – author of the famous A Song of Ice and Fire saga – says that tools are useless for people with already well-developed writing skills.
Writing attractive and appealing content is a hard, yet fascinating experience. Everybody who writes for a job knows perfectly how to do it and how challenging it can be. If you are a professional writer, you also know that you have to win several challenges to keep your work on track.
First of all, you have to pick and idea – a good one. Then, you surf the web to be sure that this little hint is valuable and that there are enough source materials. Maybe you could even underline a couple of promising sentences. Then again, you write a stile to organize your ideas in a coherent article.
Only after that, you can put your hands on the keyboard and start building your piece of writing. You’ll have to find the best way to craft your message, and this might take a while. You have to consider elements such as style, target audience, SEO (for digital publishing), and quality of your content.
Of course, this is not the end. You will reread your work, and you’ll probably change something – a too complex sentence, for instance. Last but not least, you’ll upload it on your website, and you will promote it on social media with sponsorship and advertising.
It’s a long and challenging process. Is there anything to make it easier? It is, and it’s Artificial Intelligence. AI can help the entire writing process in many ways, from finding the sources to check how fluent your article is. It can do it by itself in almost no time, allowing you to write more specific, better-written content in less time than ever.
AI is getting better in recognizing context and understanding the intent of a written text, too. We will see a couple of situations in which AI could potentially be a lifesaver for your white page syndrome.
- Content quality review. How do you know if your paper is so good as you hope? If you haven’t anyone that can check it around you, you can ask for AI to help. Many tools can do exactly this; they check the quality of your writing and even its readability. If you’re worried you a misplaced word or wrote a too-long sentence, they can help you relieve your worries. Grammarly is one of the most important tools to do this. Another tool that can help you reach your content quality goals is Hemingway. This is an online writing editor that uses AI to identify writing problems through NLP and color-codes mistakes and elements to perfection.
- Find the perfect source. If you’ve ever written something, you perfectly know how painful it could be to scroll web pages in search of valuable sources. AI can help you to spare time and energy and find just the right article you needed. How can it do that? It can do it in many ways, for example, by crafting a summary of the topic of a particular paper. Ore nurturing your inspiration by selecting for you on topic posts and news.
- Easier content writing. Can AI make content writing faster? Yes, it can! Content Creator is GhostwriterAI’s tool designed to help you creating new text content in a half of the time. It uses Artificial Intelligence to extract valuable pieces of content from the sources you chose, so you don’t have to start from scratch. Moreover, it learns your writing style. The more you write, the more it’ll help you automating writing.
- No more plagiarism. Plagiarism is one of the worst things that could happen to a writer. Sometimes it’s even unconscious or not intended, but it happens. You could copy a sentence form that interesting paper and forget to insert the source, or also do it by purpose. It doesn’t matter if you’re acting in good faith, it’s still wrong and penalizes for your article. How can you avoid it? AI software can analyze the sentences you’re writing and scan the web to find out if there’s a suspect match with someone else’s paper.
Why AI Won’t Replace Human Writers (Yet)
Even if using AI for writing sounds fancy, we have to remember that it is quite unlike that a robot will ever take a journalist’s job entirely.
As we said, that’s because no machine ever passed the Turing test, but there’s more. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are two amazing techniques that sometimes could look like magic. However, they’re still machines that obey to orders.
This means that they lack one, fundamental quality forever writer, which is creativity. Emotions and storytelling skills are crucial to building a significant story that strikes at the heart of people and, nowadays, only human beings can do that.
It’s now clear that AI isn’t a menace for your professional writing, but a resource that can make your work easier. How’s the technology going with this? Are there AI-written books already? Can a machine write an inspiring essay, a thrilling novel, a catching saga? As we said, it’s quite unlike to happen, but AI is making a lot of progress in text understanding and writing. Let’s see a couple of those stunning examples.
- The books of SB Ekhad. The books of this mysterious author have been a bestseller for months. No surprise that the audience gets excited when the writer showed himself for the very first time during the Oxford Literary Festival. Everything sounds thrilling, but the surprise was even bigger because the actual writer was… a computer named 3B1 (in Hebrew you can translate it to Shalosh B. Ekhad). Next to him, the programmer of the University of Oxford’s Mathematical Institute that gave him life. The code allowed the computer to skim through all the books in the Bodleian Library. The output had been incredible because the laptop had evolved by itself and understood what people valued the most.
- AI will write next Harry Potter book. There is a novel by Roald Dahl, The Great Automatic Grammatizator, in which a supercomputer can write mass production novels by itself. In the story, the machine is used to blackmail famous authors, but luckily reality is a bit different.
A group of coders created a collective called Botnik and decided to produce AI-based literature. The software analyzed JKR’s seven books and produced the first three pages of a new Harry Potter book. The title? “Harry Potter and the Portrait of What Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash.” The product was surprisingly convincing, even if it wasn’t flawless.
- AI in journalism. AI is becoming a massive help in journalism. For example, Forbes uses AI to provide journalists and reporters with templates and first drafts for writing the next article. AI works by converting in real-time data to the fluent narrative.
What’s coming next? Probably, the next revolution is going to be the NLU (Natural Language Understanding) that will make people and computers understand each other.
We don’t know what’s going to happen, but we can’t wait to see it!
- Writing is an important task for a marketer, but it can be a busy work. AI can help you to make it easier and faster.
- AI is getting better in recognizing context and understanding the intent of a written text. It can help the writer in many ways, from avoiding plagiarism to checking the sources.
- AI can help you writing, but it hasn’t (yet?) the creativity to produce original and coherent text by itself.
- Why AI Will Never Replace Writers
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Emerging In Writing Industry?
- How AI Marketing is Impacting the Content Writer’s Life
- How Artificial Intelligence Will Impact Professional Writing
- What Happens To Marketing When AI Can Write Like Humans?
- Don’t Like The Way You Write? An Artificial Intelligence App Promises To Polish Your Prose
- Did A Robot Write This? How AI Is Impacting Journalism