An attractive, catchy image could make all the difference between a successful marketing campaign and a terrible one. Marketers know it very well – that’s why images always have a place of honour in market activities’ planning.
How will AI change our way of seeing photography? And how will it affect marketing?
That’s what we are going to investigate today.
How Images Affects Social Contents ROI
Could you imagine something more diffuse than photographs?
We see, take, and share tons of pictures every single day. We do it most of the time with our phones, immortalizing selfies, children’s photos, landscapes, and more. All of this content is often destined to our Instagram, Snapchat, TokTok, and Facebook accounts, where we can show the world how extraordinary our lives are.
In our contemporary world, images rule. We moved from huge cameras to tiny, extra slim phones with HD resolution, and we use them every day.
In marketing strategies, photos are one of the most important elements. Articles with catchy images average 94% more total views than articles that don’t have any. Visual communication is immediate and easy to assimilate. That is why it needs to be as perfect as possible.
Pictures can catch people’s attention, emphasize a message, and even become extremely popular. They can speak to people’s hearts and make brands – and the content they produce – easily recognizable.
In social media, if you can’t earn people’s attention, we have bad news for you. And what’s more catchy than a beautiful, well-framed image? It can improve engagement and, by consequences, it may positively affect even your sales and conversions.
Photography And Marketing With AI’s Help
If we combine photography and Artificial Intelligence, the result is nothing less than stunning. Let’s discover together what Artificial Intelligence can do for and with photos.
- Image recognition. Let’s begin with the most common and intuitable way to use AI for photos, even if it took a very long time. The scientists took twenty years to create a reliable image recognition made by AI.
Machines can finally see the reality around them almost as a human being. Thanks to practice and a little help (well, more than a few!) from machine learning, AI software learns to associate different images to specific concepts. It’s a long journey because you have to consider many variables.
For instance, how many kinds of cats can you recall? Cats can be red, black, white. They have long or short fur, long-tailed or short-tailed, there are different breeds (a British shorthair is very much different from a Persian or a Bombay black). Moreover, they’re not static. Cats move and can take different positions. They can jump, eat, or sleep. All of these images would be different, but a human being would recognize them all as “cat photographs.”
That’s the result we want machines to achieve. They can now see a random image of a person, and they can tell it’s a human being, no matter skin color, face shape, or hair tint. Do you want to analyze your market and your competitors? Image recognition can help you.
Image recognition can spot you or other brands all over the web, so you can find out opportunities and menaces, customers’ reactions and emotional bonds with brands.
- Photo optimization. Photo editing is an old thing. Adjusting and modifying pictures has always been around, so Artificial Intelligence can help us a lot in this. Do you remember that time when you tried to take a picture of the moon? In reality, it was full, pearly white and silver, round and perfect. On your camera – or smartphone – it resulted as a blurred yellowish dot. Artificial Intelligence can “see” the image and make the camera adjust some details. For example, it can enhance some of the features to make the image as close to reality as possible. Even if there may be hundreds of possibilities of retouching, neural networks can understand which kind of retouch the photo needs and apply it automatically. This will make them more beautiful and look even more real!
- Image generation. The next step of mixing AI and photos is image generation. This can be done thanks to a process called GAN, Generative Adversarial Network, or Nets, invented in 2014 by Google researcher Ian Goodfellow. GAN technology can create realistic images and videos. There’s also space for original works of art generated by AI, for instance Deep Dream Generator .
- An attractive, catchy image could make all the difference between a successful marketing campaign and a terrible one. AI can help!
- In our contemporary world, images rule, and in marketing strategies, they are one of the most critical elements.
- AI can make content marketing stunning. Thanks to AI, brands can generate images, optimize them, and even use image recognition.
- AI Will Change The Photography Landscape. Here’s How
- Artificial Intelligence Can Now Generate Amazing Images – What Does This Mean For Humans?
- AI Is Already Changing The Way We Think About Photography
- Future: Artificial Intelligence and Photography
- Facial Recognition: Top 7 Trends (Tech, Vendors, Markets, Use Cases And Latest News)
- How AI And Image Recognition Are Transforming Social Media Marketing
- Facial Recognition Marketing
- The Heart of Modern Marketing is Photography and Here’s Why